The nomination period for 2016 closed at the end of December.
It’s time to start thinking about who you can nominate for 2017!
From the FSHS Website: Simpson County Schools wants to celebrate its alumni and significant contributors and school officials need your help. The school district will recognize its fifth class to the Hall of Fame in the spring of 2017. The F-S Hall of Fame is located in the Commons Area of FSHS, which is a beautiful area to highlight the Hall of Fame Inductees.
The 2017 induction will consist of a ceremony at the school with a reception to follow. FSHS and the Simpson County Schools have a rich history and many alumni who have distinguished themselves, as well as many others who have made significant contributions to our school system.
Last April 28, 2016, we celebrated the induction of the fourth class of the Franklin-Simpson Hall of Fame with a ceremony that recognized
- businessman and City Commissioner Larry Dixon,
- Executive Director of the Kentucky Commission on Human Rights John J. Johnson,
- educators Joe and Ann Rose Richards, and
- Executive Director of the Franklin Simpson Chamber of Commerce and “Mr. Wildcat” Steve Thurmond.
Previous inductees include
- educator and coach Denver Bell
- inventor and educator Dr. Frank Etscorn
- educational administrator Joe Phillips
- the Voice of the Wildcats and former Simpson County Jailer James Mooneyhan
- educator Mary Ann Fleming Copas
- businessman and entrepreneur Brad Kelley
- football coach Joe “Joker” Phillips, Jr.
- actress Annie Potts
- physician Dr. David Patterson
- Kentucky educational leader Dr. Leon Mooneyhan
- PGA Professional Golfer Kenny Perry
- former FSHS Principal and current Franklin Mayor Ronnie Clark
Nominations for the F-S Hall of Fame may be submitted by December 31st to the superintendent’s office located at 430 S. College Street, Franklin, KY 42134. Nomination forms may be picked up at the Central Office or at the following link:simpson.k12.ky.us/alumniNewsArticle.aspx?artID=22461
The rules for nominations to the Franklin-Simpson Hall of Fame:
- Graduates of any Simpson County School will be considered. Non-graduates and graduates from outside Simpson County will be considered based on extraordinary contribution to the Franklin-Simpson community.
- Nomination shall include the completed nomination form and may include up to 5 letters of recommendation (no more than 2 pages), and any other documentation deemed appropriate (not to exceed 5 pages).
- A nomination shall be considered for a three-year period or until induction, whichever occurs first. A nominee not selected during the three-year period may be re-nominated for additional three-year periods.
- The selection committee will be appointed by the superintendent of schools on a yearly basis.
- The selection committee will determine the number of inductees each year.
“We are looking for those people who made a difference in their community, wherever it may be,” said Superintendent Jim Flynn. “This could also be someone who made a significant contribution to our school system,” he said. The school district has already received several nominations, but wants all deserving people to be considered. “This is a time to celebrate our graduates who have distinguished themselves and others who made a difference for our school system,” Flynn said. “The nomination process is simple and everyone is encouraged to nominate a deserving candidate.”